Arts, culture, ideas & expression of a few wild art monkeys living in an arts loft in Jersey City.


Friday, December 31, 2010

Skip the NYE partys and finish what you started!

I've been deliberating back and forth over whether I should go to a great party in BK for NYE or stay in JC and keep it low key. I can cross 2 rivers in the packed NYE subway system or be a whirlwind of whisky fueled debauchery?

On a night guaranteed to be full of beligerent shouts and drunken mishaps, do I really wanna add to that mess? Do I need another night where I come home with empty pockets and forgotten memories? If I evaluated 2010, would I tally up all my experiences and say; "ya know what?- I dont think I got in enough partying this year, I better make sure I get in one more before 2010 is over." In fact when I think of 2010 all I see is unfinished projects. An unfinished coccoon room, 3 unfinished paintings, a greenhouse awaiting construction, unpaid bills, a Gallery sitting empty, a play in the writing stage, an apartment awaiting renovations, and jeez so many more projects that wish they weren't competing for my attention.

So that being said; This NYE I vow that I will avoid my usual bass jump into the caverns of mayhem and opt to finish a project that begs for my attention instead. FINISH it is the key word. Tonight I complete something from 2010 by midnight and then begin a new project at 12:01am. Something brand new will get started and NEW is always exciting, but so is finishing something you start. Tonight I want both, and thats my resolution for the New Year- To finish more of what I start, faster, better and on time. Have fun for me out there!
Stay tuned for pics.
-Fathom

No comments:

Post a Comment