Arts, culture, ideas & expression of a few wild art monkeys living in an arts loft in Jersey City.


Monday, January 31, 2011

My current "chores/priorities" were once my NEW/Exciting projects. What happened??


Ever wake up and realize you have ALOT to do and haven't got a clue where to start? I am the KING of unfinished projects and this year have promised myself that I would finish 2010's projects by my birthday this March. I think I'm on schedule,but then I of course went and gave myself a new project to do by that date as well, not to mention the random projects that naturally pop up affiliated with 660.

The past year has taught me alot about managing my time better, but I inevitably take on more then I can chew, partly to challenge myself and overcome my fears, but I think I also need NEWness and excitement intertwined with my chores/priorities. What happens to that initial interest/excitement? Where does it go?? How does it dwindle down and become a chore and unfinished obstacle? ADHD?? Could be- Adderall certainly helps, but I don't have that scrip, so what to do in the meantime? It seems that somewhere in the middle of an exciting project, my attention gets diverted and then getting back on track becomes an obstacle, which in turn means now I'm stuck trying to get myself enthusiastic about turning that project into an exciting endeavor. The winter doesn't help either. Working on projects for only a few hours at a time because of the coldness of the loft limits just how much time I'm allotting towards such projects. Maybe if the work was alive and I thought of it as a creature needing to be fed, I'd take better care of them. My lil art animals, living in my studio, waiting for daddy to feed them and keep them alive. hmm. This might work. I'll let you know if they make it through February.
-Fathom
** ART by NC Winters and poetry on wall by Cris Nyne.

No comments:

Post a Comment