Arts, culture, ideas & expression of a few wild art monkeys living in an arts loft in Jersey City.


Monday, January 10, 2011

Feel it

So I've been trying to get in touch with a possible venue... Pretty much chasing up an e-mail they promised and never sent, and I keep getting ignored or excuses keep being made. My point is in short: this sucks. It's like the venue doesn't want my potential business but they aren't saying anything, they just left me hanging. I feel like I went on a date with them and we had an awesome time together, we really clicked and were on the same page, and they said they would call but instead they dropped off the face of the earth. That's cruel! Time to start looking for a new venue to court.

And one note about happiness (because it seems to be coming up alot lately):
I was finishing up my yoga class today and the convo got a little deep. And it really hit me because there are so many people in my life right now that this statement pertains to:

People grasp onto things in life, often desperately, in order to find happiness. The thing is, happiness can only be gained by letting go. When you start to allow yourself to let go, you start to allow yourself to attain happiness.

-Vogel

No comments:

Post a Comment