Arts, culture, ideas & expression of a few wild art monkeys living in an arts loft in Jersey City.


Friday, February 4, 2011

The only word more powerful then the word NO, is the word WHY..


I love the word WHY. Its been my good buddy for many many years and will be for many years to come. I was never a fan of the responses; "Don't worry about why", "you just worry about what your doing" or worst of all the "because I said so".
My first word was YES. A word my mother taught me because my older sister said NO so often. In essence I was indoctrinated into a world where presumably being a good boy would be beneficial, however I quickly learned the only power in being a "yes man" was for those in power. The real power came from asking WHY....OR in being told NO.

If I didn't get an answer, I would refuse or rebel against whatever was intended for me. Sometimes that worked out in my favor, sometimes not so much, but that didn't change my mind about the power of WHY. Asking people to explain themselves, their motives etc; isn't just for you, it's for them. Knowing the WHY shows you THE WAY.
I can't promise you will be happy with the answer you find, but you cant deny the power of knowing.

-Fathom

No comments:

Post a Comment